Sunday, March 13, 2011

I miss my boy...

Living with your life after a loss becomes quite difficult at times. Last week, I got my vehicle back from the lot and was soooo happy to have it back in my possession. Not only because I was sick of the variety of rentals we had gone through, but because of my decal on the back of it. I'm proud to share my son with the world. Even if it's just stickers on my vehicle.


Well, after it being outside sitting at the lot for 3 months, it started to fall apart. Despite the "all-weather" claim it says it is on the manufacturers website. Fine whatever. I emailed them stating the ribbon part of it cracked, and then started to peel right off the window, and that the letters also started to come off... They said that in extreme coldness it could happen and that it was not a manufacturing defect like I suspected, since I hadn't even been driving the vehicle. No apology for it, just saying that our cold weather was to be blamed. Fine. I can rip the ribbon part off and leave the lettering that is there....

I was so saddened by this. I just didn't even know what to think. After this weekend more letters have relocated on the window and others are completely missing.

I firmly believed this would solve my problems with previous magnet ribbon thieves. But I guess, that's life.... Someone out there will always feel they need something more, so I'll just scrape the rest of the decal off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment