Thursday, November 25, 2010

Baby Madison

My girlfriend Misti just gave birth to her second daughter Madison today. I can't say how much relief was lifted off my chest when I heard she was okay. I can't say how much relief was lifted after I got off the phone with her this evening.

Misti's first daughter was born, and passed away after 16 days which also happened to be Christmas day. After I got off the phone with her, she told me that she now feels complete. She feels completely different now. She got her baby girl, and feels that her family is finally complete. Madison has filled that hole in Misti's heart.

When Misti explained that to me, I knew exactly that feeling. I want one more baby, I want my baby boy. Obviously, I know I can't have him, but I'd like to try again for a boy. But if we weren't gifted with another boy I say to myself I'd be happy with 3 girls, but I wonder if the hole that I feel would be lifted with a 3rd baby, or if that is only something a baby boy would fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment